SEPTEMBER 16th – 30th, 2019
SANCTI SANTUARIOS D’ ITALIA
THE SACRED SANCTUARIES OF ITALY
SEPTEMBER 16th – 30th, 2019
Join WOMEN OF WISDOM as we travel throughout Italy on a pilgrimage to the SACRED SANCTUARIES of the BLACK MADONNA and SAINT MICHAEL. This is the ultimate JOURNEY TO THE SELF. Beginning in Rome (at the Hotel Accademia) , traveling from Venice, to Trieste, from Tindari in Sicily to Monte Sant’Angelo in the Gargano, we will traverse the length and breadth of Italy in search of the Divine Feminine in her expression as THE BLACK MADONNA. We will experience the sanctity of THE MADONNA NERA in shrines from north to south, as well as the sacred cave of San Michael as we meditate and contemplate in each sanctuary, in deep communion with the Divine.
After arrival in Italy, we will convene at the Hotel Accademia in Rome. The price of this pilgrimage includes all hotel accommodations, most breakfasts and travel expenses between cities on public transportation (by plane, train and bus) while in Italy. It does not include additional meals, taxis or UBERS. Because this is a pilgrimage and NOT a tour and we will form a community of pilgrims: accommodations are for double, and in some cases triple rooms. Should you want a private room, you must make your own arrangements directly with the hotel, at your own expense. There will be no reduction in the cost of the retreat if you choose to book a private room for yourself. While we understand the desire for privacy, we do discourage this option, as our intention is to form a community on a sacred pilgrimage to the Divine Feminine.
DAY 1 (Sept. 16th)
The pilgrimage begins in Rome, steps from the Trevi Fountain at the HOTEL ACCADEMIA
- HOTEL ACCADEMIA is within walking distance of the Pantheon, Quirinale Palace, Trevi Fountain, Piazza di Spagna, Piazza Navona, the Coliseum and the Imperial Fora, Via dei Condotti.
- from airport to hotel by UBER, taxi or bus at your expense. , The concierge at the Hotel Accademia will be glad to organize limo transfer from/to the main airports . You must make these arrangements yourself at your own expense.
- Train from Rome to Venice
DAYS 2 & 3 (Sept. 17th-18th)
- Santa Maria Della Salute on the Grand Canal
Basilica di Santa Maria della Salute
Dorsoduro, 1, 30123 Venezia VE, Italy
+39 041 274 3928
- La Maddelena
Chiesa di Santa Maria Maddalena
Campiello Maddalena, 2205, 30121 Venezia VE, Italy
- Within Venice at your expense train. It is really fun to ride a vaporetto on the Grand Canal. Or to have a gondelier sing to you as you glide along the canals.
- Venice to Trieste by train
DAYS 4 & 5 (Sept. 19th-20th)
We will experience beautiful Trieste with natives Italians Ana Isabella Cantarin and her partner Paolo, as we visit pagan temples and beautiful Trieste itself in the province of Friuli. Friuli is the region of ITALY which was Rome’s northernmost outpost during the reign of Julius Cesar. Thus the name Friuli:. Forum of Julius Cesar.
- Train [Trieste to Cividale]
DAY 6 (Sept. 21st)
In Cividale, we will experience the Ponte del Diablo, where the devil challenged the Blessed Mother. We will visit The Tiempo Longabardi, the intact Temple of the Longabardi reign in Friuli.
- via bus [Cividale to Castelmonte]
DAY 7, 8 & 9 (Sept. 22nd-24th)
On the mountaintop near the ALPS, we learn the story of the BLACK MADONNA of Castlemonte resident priest and raconteur, Father Norbert, who lives at the sanctuary. We will spend time with LA MADONNA NERA of Castlemonte in deep meditation and communion.
- Bus from Castelmonte to Monfalcone
- Train from Monfalcone to Trieste
- Plane from Trieste to Catania, Sicily.
DAY 10 & 11 (Sept. 25th-26th)
DAY 12 & 13 (Sept. 27th-28th)
- La FESTA San Miguel
- Feast of St. Michael, is Sunday, September 29th
- Santuario San Miguel the cave where St. Michael appeared
- Monte Sant’Angelo to Foggia
- Foggia to Rome via train
Once we arrive in the train station in Rome, the pilgrimage is over. You will be responsible for getting to the airport or to your hotel , should you choose to stay a few days in Rome.